So, I bought an LX3.
Why so excited over a point and click you ask? Well for a few reasons:
- It is tiny. This means that I am going to carry it with me when my dslr's are at home, in the car or packed away.
- It shoots 720p HD video.
- It has a Leica f2.0 to 2.8 lens
- Because Panasonic decided not to jam more than 10 megapixels on the sensor (like Canon did with the G10) and because of the lens, it is actually usable at 1600 ISO.
- It actually has a hot shoe.
- It has full manual camera controls.
Shooting Karate tomorrow as we continue with our rec and leisure project. That should be lots of fun. A job for the dslr, but still just for the novelty I'll throw my LX3 in the bag.
Ran into Glenn Olsen today. A super cool local photographer. He has shot for the local paper for about 15 years. This guy has so much knowledge. In about 10 minutes of chatting he gave me two or three really cool ideas for shoots at the swimming pool. You have to respect guys that have been doing this crazy photography thing for so long. They've just seen and done it all. Now if you ever see me shooting in a pool with my camera in a fish tank....it was Glenn's idea!