Friday, April 24, 2009

Looking Back




I thought today that it would be fun to go back to some of my photos from the past couple of years and process them again, or maybe find some gems that I had initially disregarded.  I have several thousand photos archived on external hard drives and CD's.  After spending a few minutes sifting through them I couldn't help but think that it was just not for me.  I don't like redoing work I've already done.  I think I like to let it rest and keep moving forward.  The above photos is one I took in a college photography class.  I reprocessed it to look a bit better, but honestly, while I get great enjoyment out of looking at photos from yesterday, I just don't really want to take them back into Lightroom and Photoshop and redo them.  It is like they are already done, already printed, and they exist only as they are.  

Tomorrow my wife is hosting a science fair so I think I'll bring my daughter and either my LX3 or L1 out and take some photos of the event.  On Sunday I'm photographing the MS Society's annual charity walk.  

No comments: