Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Little hopeful...


Little hopeful...
Originally uploaded by carf
I'm in the habit of seeking out other photographers work on Flickr each day. I find it inspiring and helpful in generating ideas for my own photography. Every once in a while I come across a photographer who's work is not only amazing, but also very meaningful. This is the case with carf (Flickr name).

It is the photography of the Children At Risk Foundation – CARF (www.carfweb.net). You can't help but realize that the work of this orgainization is incredible to the street children in Brazil. The images are wonderful, heart wrenching and awe inspiring. I highly suggest checking out their photo stream.

My wife and I donate to Plan Canada through which we 'adopt' a young girl in Niger. We live such a life of plenty and have no idea of the hardship of children all over the world. It seems that even that little bit we do as a family doesn't even really scratch the surface. It is nice to see how photography can help to make such meaningful change by bringing these issues into the public eye. I'd love to take on a project like this myself one day.

No comments: